Thanksgiving Cautions for Longview, Texas
- Turkey Fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area. Consider placement of the fryer, is it flat, sturdy, out of reach from children?
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause oil to spill when the turkey is put in and a frozen or partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter (sometimes with great force) when put in the pot
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilt on a hot burner can cause a considerable flame or fire
- Without thermostat controls some turkey fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire. Make sure it’s not too hot.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and handles can get dangerously hot. Protect you hands when maneuvering to prevent injury or spillage
Your friends at SERVPRO of Longview wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and remind you to stay safe. Remember, our team is on call 24/7 365 days a year, no matter what holiday or time of night. If you experience a fire SERVPRO of Longview will come to your rescue, don’t hesitate to call 903-238-8100.